Saturday, December 03, 2005


I been down so long...



"I been down so long, down don't worry me..."


When I woke up this mornin' the Muddy Basin was gettin' me down, and that song came to me.

I sang it out loud as I walked to the MRT, and the day got better and better as the day went along. Expected grief turned into unexpected happiness. It started when I stepped onto the MRT in the morning and the "xiao pengyous" smiled and laughed. Not at me. They were just playing around with each other. And on the MRT home, sittin' there with Thumper, the "xiao pengyous" were playing with their mom, having fun. And this mom had eyebrows that could move around with amazing animation. They were like caterpillars crawling around over her eyes. I had never seen anything like it. The rest of the day between the MRT rides to and from the great city of Tiptown on this day were also filled with equally strange moments that made me stop and smile. I'll try to remember this day, and enjoy the memory.

Been down so long, down don't worry me...

(Photo is titled "Sally is Upside Down." I found it by doing a google image search of the word "down". It came from http://www.laceysenderovitzfamily.dk/Photo%20gallery%20pages/Spring_2004.htm." I have no idea who she is, and I hope she and her family are well, and don't mind me using her image on this weblog, but she seems to be upside down, which is a form of being down. I wonder how long she has been that way.)

No comments: