Tuesday, November 08, 2005


Gig: Riverside

Tonight, November 8, Gabriel Gratzer will be performing at Riverside with BoPoMoFo. Apparently, we were invited to go along, and probably accompany him on a song or two, but I didn't get the message till this morning when I checked my email. I guess that is a lesson: check email at night.

Honestly, I don't know if I would have been willing to go tonight, even if I had known early enough to get my gear together. Tuesday nights are generally not about music. Living so far out of town probably has something to do with this attitude.

That being said, I had a great time playing with Bonzo, the Slovakian bluesman who came for BB1 earlier this year. We met up with him on a Tuesday at the Living Room and jammed on several songs, memorably G-L-O-R-I-A.

The regret that night was not being able to hang out later at the club and continue drinking vodka with him. I remember seeing him take an envelope of cash from Corbett or his wife and then immediately splash out for a round of drinks for the musicians. I'd give you a picture of Bonzo Radvani, but I don't seem to be able to put more than one picture in this post.

No comments: