Monday, November 14, 2005



A Truly Customized Instrument

I thought I'd share this link from an australian architecture blog, which was passed on to me by a friend

"Nabuaki Date is a Japanese artist who makes ukuleles out of parts of
Japanese buildings that are to be demolished. Each house is documented
through photographs and the parts for the ukulele are chosen. The
finished ukulele is given to the owner of the house as a visual and
acoustic embodiment of their former home."

http://www.gravestmor.com/wp/archives/2005/10/09/ukulele-isation/

3 comments:

TC said...

That's really cool. Of course, they couldn't do that, unless you want a concrete ukulele.

Unknown said...

Interesting idea, concrete ukulele

here ya go

http://www.ukuleles.com/Technology/Meyer.html

Unknown said...

which reminds me, I think there is a game in which players try to find site on the net where a specific phrase search on google yields only one result. Wouldn't you know, "concrete ukulele" is a winner.