Saturday, May 20, 2006







"Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the heavens,..."

And so, the Muddy Basin Ramblers are set to climb the Taipei 101, with or without the aid of electric lifts or elevators. This is one tall building. It's the tallest in the world for now, and I challange anyone to find another incident in history of a jug band, blues band, or "whatever we play" band playing on the top of the the tallest building in the world. God give us strength. Not only will we be towering over the world, we will be towering over the Muddy Basin, which we all hold so dear. It should be fun, and interesting as always.

This gig, at the true tip-top of Tiptown, Taiwan, will also be full of good people who have not used the lifts, but have taken the stairs for a good cause, the Garden of Hope, with thanks to the L’Association des Canadiens. (You've just gotta like the idea of helpin' the xiao pengyous have a good life.) So it will be even more fun.

Tomorrow is the soundcheck, so we shall see what the day brings.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To: Slim
From: God

Subject: Your request

You've been given strength. Ask and ye shall receive.\

God

P.S. I want the strength back when you're finished with it. That stuff doesn't grow on trees, you know.

Slim said...

Oh, nuts. I think I left some of it in the back of a taxi. Ummm... Should I try to get it back or, uh... can you do that, being omnipotent and all that.... I mean I lost it, you know, my bad. I mean, I'll try to find it if you really need it back, but I'm not sure if I can remember the taxi number... The driver was an older guy... really nice... maybe he turned it in at the police station. Maybe you could check for me, you know with that omnicience and everything. But, I'll do it if you want me to. Thanks for lending us the strength in the first place. Sorry about the taxi.
Slim